Fire Alarm Systems Brookings SD
M & T Fire & Safety
111 Kasan Ave
Advanced Media Systems
730 34th Ave
525 8th St S Ste 2
Dakota Security Systems Inc
47185 Wild Clover Circle
Sioux Falls, SD
Rushmore Extinguisher Svc
2843 Samco Rd # Y
Rapid City, SD
Kindt Electric Inc
1727 58th Ave
Electronic Security Equipment
1144 Apache Trail
ADT® Home Security
540 Deadwood Ave
Rapid City, SD
Get a Security System for Just $99! Protect Your Home and Call ADT® Home Security Today.
MON - FRI 9:00AM - 11:00PM; SAT 9:00AM - 6:00PM; SUN CLOSED
Alarm & Communications Systems
504 East Church Street
Aberdeen Security & Invstgtns
2209 17th Ave SE
Home Fire Alarms
Fire alarms save lives! Approximately half of the lives consumed by house fires annually occur in homes without fire alarms. Fire alarms, also referred to as smoke detectors, are generally available in two different types & ionization fire alarms for fast burning flames and photoelectric fire alarms for smoldering fires. For the best fire protection, fire professionals suggest installing both ionization fire alarms and photoelectric fire alarms in your home.
Fire Alarms & Fire Prevention
- Never disconnect batteries from a fire alarm & you may forget to reconnect them.
- Never borrow the batteries from a fire alarm & you may forget to replace them.
- Test fire alarms regularly and change batteries every 6 to 12 months.
- Fire alarms expire every 10 years & replace outdated ones.
- Install fire alarms and fire extinguishers on each floor of your home.
- Don't plug too many appliances into one electrical outlet.
- Never trust damaged/frayed electrical cords.
- Don't smoke in bed or leave a cigarette or candle unattended.
- Keep matches and lighters away from children.
- Teach kids about fire danger.
- Ensure stoves and fireplaces are turned off before leaving home or going to bed.
- Keep combustibles away from heaters, stoves and fireplaces.
Fire extinguishers can contain small fires and stop them from spreading. Fire extinguishers are classified according to the type of fire for they extinguish:
Class A - extinguish common combustible fires - wood, paper, cloth, r...
Click here to read more from Home Security And Alarms